We know this year has been difficult for everyone, but for some of us it has been near unbearable. And now, with the holiday season coming, it might feel even worse. While Christmas is supposed to be a time of ‘great joy,’ it doesn’t always feel that way. Sometimes it’s the time of year when we feel the most isolated and alone. If this sounds like you, or someone you love, please review the resources below and consider reaching out to one of them for a little extra support this Christmas.
- LifeCare Counseling is a ministry of Worthington Christian Church that offers professional counseling by licensed counselors specializing in healing the brokenness in individuals, families, couples, groups and children. Call 614-885-9417 and leave a detailed voicemail regarding your situation and a counselor will be in contact with you.
- Cornerstone Family Services is a non-profit, faith-based counseling and coaching organization offering a wide array of services including marriage and premarital counseling, adolescent and teen counseling, individual and group counseling. Call or email their office and their intake specialists will find the right counselor for you and your loved ones (614-459-3003 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- GriefShare is a support group for anyone who has lost a loved one and is struggling through the pain of grief and loss. Please contact Dave & Peggy Fenstermaker for more information.
- DivorceCare is a support group for anyone who has gone through a divorce and is struggling with life after marriage. Please contact Phil Lampe for more information.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Please call 1-800-273-8255 or text “4hope” to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741.
If you have a specific need, please visit our Prayer & Support page or email us and we can try to connect you with someone who can help. Always remember, even in the darkest, most lonely moments of our lives, we… you… are dearly loved by God.