Join us for Christmas
Christmas is a very special time of year. For many of us, it’s a time marked with family get-togethers, gift-wrapping, traditional meals, tree decorating and carol singing. For others, it’s an opportunity to reconnect with old friends & family or teaching children about traditions that date back generations. But for all of us, Christmas is about celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus.
At Worthington Christian Church, we dedicate the month of December to celebrating the birth of our Lord with the ‘Christmas.Gifs’ sermon series, various special events for children and families as well as four candlelight services on Christmas Eve at 3:00, 4:30 and 6:00 and 7:30 PM.
Below is our Christmas holiday schedule. If you have any questions, please contact the church office at 614-885-8389. We look forward to celebrating Christmas with you and your family!
Please be aware that our Family Christmas Eve service is now our Family Christmas Program and has been moved to Sunday, December 8 at 6:00 PM in the Worship Center. Don’t miss it!
Christmas can be hard
We know the holiday season isn’t easy for everyone. Sometimes it’s the time of year when we feel the most isolated and alone. If this sounds like you, or someone you love, please review the resources below and consider reaching out to one of them for a little extra support this Christmas.
- LifeCare Counseling is a ministry of Worthington Christian Church that offers professional counseling by licensed counselors specializing in healing the brokenness in individuals, families, couples, groups and children. Call 614-885-9417 and leave a detailed voicemail regarding your situation and a counselor will be in contact with you.
- Cornerstone Family Services is a non-profit, faith-based counseling and coaching organization offering a wide array of services including marriage and premarital counseling, adolescent and teen counseling, individual and group counseling. Call or email their office and their intake specialists will find the right counselor for you and your loved ones (614-459-3003 or email@example.com).
- GriefShare is a support group for anyone who has lost a loved one and is struggling through the pain of grief and loss. Please contact Dave & Peggy Fenstermaker for more information.
- DivorceCare is a support group for anyone who has gone through a divorce and is struggling with life after marriage. Please contact Phil Lampe for more information.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Please call 1-800-273-8255 or text “4hope” to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741.
If you have a specific need, please visit our Prayer & Support page or email us and we can try to connect you with someone who can help. Always remember, even in the darkest, most lonely moments of our lives, we… you… are dearly loved by God.
Additional Holiday Events
In addition to our Family Christmas Program and our Christmas Eve services, we also offer a few other special holiday events that you might be interested in. If you have any questions, or need more information, please contact the church office at 614-885-8389.
Breakfast with Jesus
On Saturday, December 7 at 9:00 AM, children (elementary-aged and younger) are invited to our annual celebration of the birth of Jesus! We will have a live “petting-zoo” of manger animals and the preschool Cherub Choir will sing Christmas carols.
Be sure to invite your son or daughter’s friends from Vacation Bible School! ‘Breakfast with Jesus’ is a great morning for children to gather together to hear a retelling of the Christmas story.
As always, breakfast is free, but RSVPs are requested so we have enough food for everyone!
Women’s Ministry Christmas Dinner
Ladies, the Women’s Ministry invites you to join us for an evening of fellowship and food on Friday, December 13 at 6:30 PM in the Family Life Center. This will be a wonderful evening of fellowship & fun as we enjoy a meal together.
The theme for the evening is ‘Comfort & Joy,’ which we feel is the perfect description of what Christmas is all about. However, we are very aware that there are those among us who face a wide variety of difficulties during the holiday season, one of those being economic hardship. Therefore, we are encouraging all women who come to our Christmas dinner to bring in donations of a new winter hat, gloves and/or scarf. All donations will go to the Friends Ministry.
The cost for the evening is $10/person; payable at the door. (Scholarships are available.) Ladies, invite your sister, mother, aunt, grandmother and Facebook friends to join us. This dinner is open to ALL ladies and we look forward to spending the evening with you!
If you have any questions, please contact Cheryl LaFaber.
Youth Ministry to Wildlights
A favorite tradition among our Middle and High School students is our annual trip to the Columbus Zoo for Wildlights!
Join us on Sunday, December 15 from 4:00 to 8:30 PM for an evening of food, fun and fellowship! This year we’re doing it a little differently by combining the trip with both Middle School and High School students. The evening will begin at 4:00 PM in rm. 294 (Youth Worship Center) for dinner and then at 5:00 PM we’ll get on the bus and head to the Columbus Zoo to see Wildlights. Students will return by 8:30 PM.
The cost is $5/person and all students are encouraged to bring a friend! Registration and a completed Student Participation Agreement form is required.
Men & Boys’ New Year’s Day Breakfast
Our annual Men & Boys’ New Year’s Day Fellowship Breakfast is a long standing tradition that dates back over 40 years. Men of all ages — fathers, sons, uncles, brothers, grandfathers and nephews — are invited to join us on Wednesday, January 1 at 9:30 AM in the Family Life Center.
We will hear a brief devotional before sharing a traditional breakfast together (buffet style). We will also review last year’s sports predictions and see who among us had the best guesses. (Don’t be surprised if a child wins!) Afterward we will guess the outcomes of various sports events in 2020.
The cost is $5/person; payable at the door.