Reading the Book of Revelation Responsibly | Women’s Ministry
September 16 @ 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT| $2
This 90 minute lecture will be helpful to those wanting to understand the history surrounding the writing of this book, those wanting to study and read this book on your own, or those who are planning on attending the Women’s Ministry verse-by-verse Bible study on Saturday mornings.
Debbie Roeger has done an in-depth study of Revelation and will share her insights with us on only one evening in September. When you attend this lecture you will receive extensive notes bound in a 3-ring notebook.
Topics that will be covered:
- Putting Revelation into context based on its roots
- The Biblical pattern of Revealing ‘What is to come’
- Examples of symbolic Visions in Apocalyptic literature
- Use of Old Testament imagery
- Understanding the cultural and political climate of that time
Understanding the history will help you understand this last book of the Bible. A book that God tells us we will be blessed if we read it.
Study materials will be distributed that evening, so please come 15 minutes early to collect them.